Trade: Rezidio (REZI)

Yesterday, I received a small number of shares of Honeywell spinoff Rezidio as a part of the spin-off process.  I have decided to sell the entire position at a price of $25.51.  While I expect the company to perform well long-term, in the short-term this is a declining sector given the slowdown we've seen in home building and company investments.  I anticipate the company to have to deal with this pressure over the next several quarters as a result and do not expect the stock to perform well.  One thing that I do see as an interesting opportunity for this company is what happens with the United Technologies/Rockwell Collins merger.  Should China decide to let this deal happen, United Technologies will likely split itself into 3 companies which will also include a home/HVAC space that I can see merging or being bought by Rezidio in the future.  That said, I don't think the homework effort is worth the small number of shares I will have in the company as well as the stomach to deal with another stock on the decline when my portfolio has enough other things to be dealt with.  The portfolio is getting too large to manage and this will be a cut to get that under control.

Notes:
Stock Ratings: 1 = buy at current stock prices, 2 = buy on a 5-10% dip in stock price, 3 = sell on a 5-10% increase in stock price, 4 = sell at current stock prices to raise cash.  Ratings are based upon 12-18 month outlook on stock direction and not necessarily related to moves I make due to financial positioning.

Nothing on this site should be taken as advice, research, or an invitation to buy or sell any securities.  All views expressed are solely of my own and I am not a professional money manager.  Please consult with your financial adviser before taking any action in your own portfolio.

Comments