Trade: iShares MCI Eurozone ETF

Yesterday I sold my entire stake of the iShares MCI Eurozone ETF at a price of $43.825.  While I haven't been able to post my weekly summary due to technical problems, followed by a busy life, I had written that the picture for that holding has started to change pretty significantly.  First, there is a lot of Tariff talk going on.  The EU is starting to look to Tariff the US after we set tariffs on steel and aluminum.  This is taking a hit to the market, overall, and makes it difficult to see as much growth and momentum for European companies if they can't make as much off of selling product to the US.  The second big event was the appointment of Larry Kudlow as the President's Chief Economic Advisor.  Larry is well known for his stance on "King Dollar" or a strong dollar, which goes against this fund in particular, as it is unhedged and was chosen to take advantage of a strengthening Euro to Dollar.  Since all of these events haven't taken place, I felt it was best I take my slightly better than 6% gain and let it be.  At this time, the market is too volatile and the risk with this holding is too great.  I'd rather raise the money to take advantage of something better as I go along here.  So, that's what I did.

Notes:
Stock Ratings: 1 = buy at current stock prices, 2 = buy on a 5-10% dip in stock price, 3 = sell on a 5-10% increase in stock price, 4 = sell at current stock prices to raise cash.  Ratings are based upon 12-18 month outlook on stock direction and not necessarily related to moves I make due to financial positioning.

Nothing on this site should be taken as advice, research, or an invitation to buy or sell any securities.  All views expressed are solely of my own and I am not a professional money manager.  Please consult with your financial adviser before taking any action in your own portfolio.

Comments