Trade: Citigroup (C), Cedar Fair (FUN)

Notes:
Stock Ratings: 1 = buy at current stock prices, 2 = buy on a 5-10% dip in stock price, 3 = sell on a 5-10% increase in stock price, 4 = sell at current stock prices to raise cash.  Ratings are based upon 12-18 month outlook on stock direction and not necessarily related to moves I make due to financial positioning.

Today I filled my core position in Citigroup, adding 50% of my previous position at $47.  Frankly, I can't help but feel a little wary.  However, that was my price point and I was sticking to it in the face of the current market danger I'm facing.  I wanted to pick up more because the price has been such a long-term floor, and with rising interest rates and a strong jobs number that makes people predict there will be more hikes to come, the long-term upside is hard to resist.  The challenge has been that the market (stocks and bond) are indicating the economy is weakening and that rate hikes can't continue.  TBV for the company is around $60, and clearly my buying price is well below that.  This is just a situation where I want to be disciplined and not let my emotions control me and keep me out of what appears to be a good trade right now.  Am I a bit fearful with the stock down 65 cents below my price and I'm fully loaded?  Sure am!  All of my analysis said this was the right thing to do, though - with one caveat, I'm buying over my cost basis.  So now, I wait and look for facts that break my thesis, because it sure feels like someone out there must know something I don't.

Additionally, I bought a miniscule position in Cedar Fair at $54.10.  This was an automated trade as part of my dividend reinvestment plan.  Fortunately, it was below my cost bases.  Unfortunately, this didn't happen a little while ago when the stock was under $53.

Comments