Trade: Encana (ECA)

Notes:
Stock Ratings: 1 = buy at current stock prices, 2 = buy on a 5-10% dip in stock price, 3 = sell on a 5-10% increase in stock price, 4 = sell at current stock prices to raise cash.  Ratings are based upon 12-18 month outlook on stock direction and not necessarily related to moves I make due to financial positioning.

I have sold the remaining lot of shares I owned of Encana at $13 and took a significant loss.  This has been a tough stock the entire time I've owned it and I made a lot of novice moves in the process.  While the stock has some potential for short-term gains, I feel it's more appropriate to take the cash when the stock was up over 2% and prepare myself for next moves while the market is behaving erratically.  This also reduces my energy position, which for the time being, aligns with my overall expectations of the markets.  With oil still struggling to find a bottom, I anticipate it will be awhile before it will be beneficial to have a large position in the sector.

Comments