Trade: Broadwind Energy (BWEN)

Notes:
Stock Ratings: 1 = buy at current stock prices, 2 = buy on a 5-10% dip in stock price, 3 = sell on a 5-10% increase in stock price, 4 = sell at current stock prices to raise cash.  Ratings are based upon 12-18 month outlook on stock direction and not necessarily related to moves I make due to financial positioning.

Extremely painful trade and lesson today.  I sold all of my shares of Broadwind Energy to raise cash for more fruitful endeavors.  This stock was and has been a total loss for me.  With energy prices and a likely failed PTC renewal in front of us, I don't see any upside to keep fighting the down trend on the stock.  To make things worse, I went through a painful lesson of having to slow down and make sure I have my trade set up properly - I lost my tax-loss benefit and additional transaction fees because I accidentally purchased shares, instead of selling them, then had to sell all of the shares I had.  Don't ever do this, people, it sucks big time.

Comments